Monday, March 7, 2011

40 Days and 40 Ways ...(to help) numero tres

I had planned to post something entirely different from what you are about to read, but when I signed on to facebook today I saw a post from an old friend and the topic just warmed my heart.

Adoption.
Now that I'm getting to that wonderful age when everyone I know is bringing home tiny widdle precious babies, I get to hear A LOT about them. I hear about how easy it is for some couples to just decide to have a baby and vavoom! 9 months later they are cradling an angel. And I hear about the couples that don't have it quite so easy, and it's so devastating. I can't imagine the heartache that comes from wanting something so badly, something that is supposed to come so naturally for everyone, but isn't happening for you.

Luckily, God has a plan for that too! (Isn't he amazing?!) God tells us that "Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you." James 1:27.

This site is an example of such pure and genuine religion: http://www.iamprojectgift.com/ Daniel Bashta wrote a song called Like a Lion and the proceeds that he made off the song allowed he and his wife to adopt their first child!! He was so stoked about it that he wanted other parents to benefit from adoption through his song. So, if you go to this website you can make a donation for parents wanting to adopt and you get a download of the song!!

Or if you aren't that into the music, you can donate directly to http://www.bethany.org/

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing the good that people are doing and how they're doing it.

    ReplyDelete