Thursday, March 10, 2011

40 Days and 40 Ways ...(to help) #6 27 Dresses

I don't know if you've seen the movie 27 Dresses, but if you haven't don't waste your money. I saw it and thought it was lame, but the title did give me a great intro to today's blog :)

The story is about a gal that's been a bridesmaid 27 times. She has all the dresses in her closet. I thought this was a pretty big waste when they could just be donated for charity. There are tons of young girls that could use one of those dresses (or a used prom dress, or ahem, military ball gown) to look beautiful on their special prom night or quinceaƱera. I know how hard it was for my sister and I to afford formal attire when we were in high school; I would have loved to know about an organization like http://www.donatemydress.org/index.html that allows ladies to donate their dresses for girls who may need them.

If you have an old prom dress, bridesmaids dress, military formal, etc. lying around (and I know you all do), how about putting it to good use and cleaning out your closet for say...more room for your spring wardrobe?

Also, for all you married ladies holding on to your wedding dresses I have to ask "WHY?" Do you honestly think your daughter is going to want to wear it someday? Did you wear your mom's dress? Why not hand it over for a good cause like ... http://www.bridesagainstbreastcancer.org/ ?? The organization will accept your dress donation and then sell it at a bride show! The proceeds will go to making wishes come true for breast cancer patients, as well as helping a fellow bride get a cheaper dress. (HINT HINT to all you engaged girls- why buy a new one, it's only gonna be worn a few hours?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment