Monday, April 25, 2011

40 Days and 40 Ways ...(to help) #31 Teach!

I'm not just saying that you should teach because well, it is the greatest profession ever (minus the whole lack of respect from much of society and crappy pay bit), but I'm saying it because we all benefit from learning from each other.

I can't count how many things I've learned from my husband in the two years we've been married. I've learned to downhill ski, snowshoe, shovel snow, cross country ski, rock climb, play racquetball, surf, ride a bike (they say you never forget, but turns out I didn't know that much to begin with), make sushi, and truly, unselfishly love someone without condition.

That's a lot. And it doesn't even count the time he taught me to throw a football when I was 12!

I feel so blessed and that my life is so enriched by these experiences. By him teaching me. Imagine what you could do in someone's life if you took the time to teach them something that no one else had. Trust me, it is an AMAZING experience when you realize that someone can do something new because you taught them!

So try it! Teach your grandma to use email (or facebook!) Teach your little cousin how to knit or wear makeup. Teach your niece how to braid her hair or tie her shoes. Or go out and learn something! I have a date with my grandma this summer to learn how to can tomatoes :D

Some of the greatest skills are becoming lost arts. Teach them, learn them!

No comments:

Post a Comment