Sunday, April 3, 2011

40 Days and 40 Ways ...(to help) #19 Encouragement

I bet if you sat down and thought for a minute, you would come up with someone that you know who could use a little encouragement. I can think of plenty. The friends that just had a new baby, the girlfriend that is going through a terrible breakup, the one with the new job that is overwhelming them, etc., etc. I can always think of someone that could use a little cheering up. I challenge myself to be encouraging at least once a week. That sounds lame, I know, but honestly, it's difficult sometimes. It takes time to pull yourself away from your own life to have a 30 minute phone conversation, or write out a note, or send an encouraging email, or buy a little gift for someone. But it is so worth it. Once a week. Challenge yourself. Make a list of people, go buy a stack of encouraging cards, put post-it reminders on your computer, or just check out these sites:




No comments:

Post a Comment