Monday, April 25, 2011

40 Days and 40 Ways ...(to help) #30 FAIL

Yup. Big, fat, FAIL. I'm not suggesting you do this, by any means, but I'm saying that I did. Blogfail/LentFail. Today is the day after Easter, and after the last day of Lent and I still have 10 more blogs to go. But I have learned a lesson from all this, and in turn, another new way to change the world!

Don't set yourself up for failure.

At the time in your life when you are married, working two jobs, starting a doctorate and finishing up a certification you should just relish in the fact that you are very busy trying to save the world in doing all these things. It's tempting to try to go a step further and to share with the rest of the world ways to help, but don't bite off more than you can chew. (like me ;D)

So, if you want to help others to not get in over their head, how about helping them to take a load off? I bet all of us know some mothers that could use even an hour or two of babysitting so they could recharge their batteries. Or perhaps you know someone that could really use a few already-cooked-meals while they are recuperating from surgery or the flu. Think of ways to help others that maybe have a liiiiiittle too much on their plates right now. They will appreciate it, for sure, but they may not be willing (or capable) of asking for help.

So my challenge for you this week is to think of one person and one way you could make their life easier. Do it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment