Thursday, May 26, 2011

40 Days and 40 Ways ...(to help) #38 TerraCycle



http://terracycle.net/ is a company that turns your trash (like CapriSun pouches and Snickers bar wrappers) into cool, reusable stuff like backpacks, toys, office supplies, etc. And the proceeds go to the non-profit organization that you choose! You can just set up a collection box around your office or school for people to dump their dead bic pens or crayola markers in. Once it's full, ship them to TerraCycle to be made into cool stuff and your school (or chosen non-profit) racks up!

I LOVE LOVE LOOOOOOOOOVE this idea! I want to do it so badly at my preschool, but we aren't a non-profit. Please let me know if you start a brigade and I'll send you stuff I collect for your non-profit, for sure!!!

1 comment:

  1. Would the kids at this age be able to help choose a non-profit to benefit from their donations? If you give them a short list to choose from, then set out a box and let them put in the acceptable trash from snack time? Not sure if that is too much at their age or not.

    ReplyDelete