Friday, April 13, 2012

Sweet 16

Sorry I skipped last week, but between Easter, nothing blog-worthy to talk about and my belly pics (in my Easter dress!) getting deleted, I just decided to wait for this week.

So this week we had another OB appointment. It was kinda lame. We got to hear the heartbeat, but I was really hoping to see our little cutie (who is the size of an avacado) again. Also, the midwife always wants to talk about what's troubling me. It feels much like therapy. This week we discussed the panic I sometimes get into when thinking about being a stay-home mom. Not that I don't want to be there for my child, and I know it's the best thing to have that kind of consistency in such a non-consistent life like the military, but I've been working non-stop since I was 13. Working only one job feels foreign. It's my hobby, and passion, will being a wife and mother be enough for me? Or will I be a grouchy pants everyday? These are my worries.

Hubz doesn't seem to have any worries. He's cool as a cucumber. He says he'll probably start freaking out as we're driving to the hospital :)

Baby wise, everything still looks great. No issues this week, and I'm feeling good! I even gained another pound!



Oh yeah, this is all 123 lbs. of baby incubator right here!!

I know what you are thinking, "Wow! Jess really stepped up the game on the photos this week!", but really it's all the Hubberoosky. He's gotten super into photoshop lately and taking HDR photos (I can't totally explain what this is). He's got some really amazing shots!

After the appointment in Santa Cruz we had a little date night in town and on our way home we stopped in this strawberry patch for some pics. It's pretty handy having an awesome photographer at my disposal ;)

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry about it being enough. There is SO much to do with a little one at home. They change and need something new almost daily. I loved staying home with the big boys, and was sorry I couldn't do it with Eli. Now, I do encourage play groups and some volunteer activity to get out of the house after several months, mainly so you have something besides poopy diapers to discuss with John when he comes home. We knew it was time for me to go back to work when I asked Steve if he was ready to go night-night.

    Seriously though, you will love it and the baby will keep you very engaged.

    Love you and can't wait to see you in June.

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim! That's very encouraging! I try to look at it more as I'm just going to be teaching a much smaller and different demographic :)

      Can't wait to see you too!

      Delete