Sunday, March 25, 2012

13

Welp, we're now 13 weeks into our journey with Baby Us! Our little bit is the size of a lime (about 3 inches) now. We had a busy week this week signing our contract with our doula and meeting our new OB and midwife, whom we absolutely love :) Friday we had just a quick appointment where we were able to hear the heartbeat again, but not able to view the baby this week. Normally we wouldn't have appointments so close together, but since we switched doctors we had a meet and greet appointment with them. I have a short video here where you can hear the heartbeat. It's not as excting as seeing our precious soul, but a wonderful reassurance that he or she is still partying it up in there :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5bkkkX3BB0&feature=youtube_gdata_player


I don't have a pic of my belly, as I didn't gain any weight this week; my belly didn't really change enough to constitute another pic of it. Anyway, my handsome photographer is in the Grand Canyon with his brother :)

The highlight of this week was just getting our ducks in a row for our support team. Our new OB is a HUGE supporter of natural birth, and our doula is just a blessing with all the support she's already provided through education. I've been scared that I'm not tough enough to climb this mountain, so to speak, but with these amazing women and my greatest supporter ever, my husband, behind me I just feel overwhelmed with encouragement and love that I can do this the way that God created me to.

The tough spot this week has been emotions. I feel like a nutcase on a rollercoaster, for real!! So far I haven't had the easiest pregnancy, although it could certainly be worse! I do thank God for the troubles that I've had, knowing that they are really blessings. However, sometimes I feel guilty when women talk about how awesome pregnancy is and I want to punch them in the throat ;)

I've had awesome help from friends and family this week. Hubz, as always, has been so tremendously amazing! He found our doula and new OB, made all the appointments, and has done all the work of scheduling, listing and asking questions, and praying for us to find the right "team". My friends Michi and Caroline helped me work on the (overwhelming!!) registry. And my future sis-in-law sent me some great info on baby dental care! I feel exceptionally blessed to have such amazing, supportive people in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment